1 bulb garlic clove (large, 1/4-inch-slice cut off top)
3 lbs potatoes (rinsed, pierced with a fork, about 6 large baking potatoes)
6 slices uncooked turkey bacon
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
6 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
6 tablespoons scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Wrap entire garlic bulb tightly in foil; place garlic and potatoes in oven. (You do not need to put them on a pan; they can go right on an oven rack.).
3. Bake garlic until soft when squeezed, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and let cool. Continue baking potatoes until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes more; let potatoes stand until cool enough to handle.
4. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 6 minutes.
5. Place bacon on paper towels to drain off any fat; chop bacon.
6. Unwrap garlic and squeeze pulp from bulb with hands into a large saucepan.
7. Peel potatoes and add to saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
8. Gradually stir in broth, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; place saucepan over medium heat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Spoon about 1 1/3 cups of soup into each of 6 soup bowls.
10. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 rounded tablespoon of bacon and 1 tablespoon of scallions.
11. Grind fresh pepper over top if desired.
Find Weight Watchers Baked Potato Soup on Amazon